The City of Lufkin will hold a Municipal Election on May 7th 2016. In 2016, the following positions will be elected:
- Councilmember Ward No. 1
- Councilmember Ward No. 3
The first day for filing an application for a place on the ballot is Wednesday, January 20, 2016. An individual may file for the City Council Election in the office of the City Secretary beginning at 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, January 20th, 2016, through Friday, February 19th,
2016 at 5:00 p.m.
Candidates must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for a place on the ballot:
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age*
- A registered voter in the political subdivision
- A resident of the City of Lufkin for a period no less than twelve (12) months
- A resident of the Ward for a period of no less than six (6) months
* Although the City of Lufkin Charter requires that candidates be twenty-five (25) years of age and reside in the City for a period of no less than two (2) years, Section 141.003 of the Texas Election Code supersedes this requirement.
Interested Candidates may secure an Initial filing packet through this link, or in person through the City Secretary’s office located in Room
145 of the Lufkin City Hall, 300 East Shepherd Ave, Lufkin, Texas. If you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact our
office at 936-633-0244 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org