Moving to Lufkin?


You can request a Relocation Packet and the Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce will send you a packet within a few days. Using the links on this page, you can get information on churches, schools, Lufkin demographics, utilities, civic organizations and much more. is also a great source of finding facilities and things to do in Lufkin.

Who are my service providers? 

We know moving can be a daunting task with many unknowns. We'd like to help with this compiled list of service providers to make your transition as smooth as possible.

Water/Sewer/Trash Service:
Inside Lufkin city limits, water service is provided by the City of Lufkin. You can request service by calling the city's Water Department at 936-633-0291.

You may use any service company inside the City of Lufkin. Oncor maintains our lines. You can shop for rates and plans here: Power to Choose.

Natural Gas:
CenterPoint Energy is the only provider of natural gas. You can sign up for service here: CenterPoint Energy

There are two internet service providers available inside city limits - Suddenlink and Consolidated Communications.  Cable and phone service is also available through each company.

Is my neighborhood safe?


Moving to Lufkin and you don't know the area? Make a neighborhood information request here.

We will send you a report that details police calls for service for the past year. We hope this will help make your housing decision an easier process.