Thank you for considering adoption from our shelter. We want to help you get the right animal for your home. We highly encourage you to bring all people and other pets living in your home to meet our adoptable animals before making the final decision.
Before You Adopt
- Have you prepared your home to receive the new animal? Pets need food, water, toys, bedding, collars, and leashes. It is always good to get these items before bringing the pet home.
- Have you researched what breed is best for you and your family?
- What activity level do you want in a pet? Some are very active and need regular exercise.
- Adopting a pet is a significant endeavor. Please take this commitment seriously and think about all of the responsibilities that go along with pet ownership.
- Give your pet plenty of time to adjust to its new home.
- Come to the shelter and spend time with the animal to see if it is a match.
- Complete the adoption application and adoption contract.
- You will need to provide proof from a landlord if you rent that you can have animals on the property.
- A fence check may be required for some animals before adoption approval.
Rescue Partners apply here.
Though many of our animals go to good homes in our area, Kurth Memorial Animal Services works with rescue partners to help us find the perfect home for our animals. We are very grateful to have these organizations assist us in finding a great life. We are always in need of help. To become a rescue partner, start by filling out the Rescue Group Information Form. You can also volunteer to transport animals to rescue groups as well. For more information, call 936-633-0218.
The regular adoption fee is $70.00 per animal for both cats and dogs. This fee includes the spay/neuter, the first round of shots, a free wellness-exam, and a microchip.