Building permits are required for any construction within the City of Lufkin to ensure that all construction is in compliance with all applicable building codes and City Ordinances. Failure to obtain a permit prior to construction will result in additional fees and/or fines.
City Ordinance also requires that any person performing work within the City of Lufkin must have on file with the Inspection Services Department a License and Permit Bond in the amount of $5,000.00. This bond can be obtained through any insurance agency. This requirement is not applicable to homeowners working on their homestead.
The City of Lufkin has adopted the following building codes:
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2020 National Electric Code
These code books are available for purchase through International Code Council.
Notice to Electricians
The following must be on file with our office in order to obtain an electrical permit in the City of Lufkin:
- State of Texas Master Electricians License
- State of Texas Electrical Contractors License
- Proof of $300,000 Liability Insurance
- Current Picture Identification
There will be no exceptions.
Apply for a Building Permit