Residents who wish to burn yard waste must follow these rules regarding the legal burning within Lufkin city limits.
- ONLY brush and vegetation grown on the property can be burned (fallen limbs, pine straw, leaves and cut grass).
- You CANNOT burn trash, plastic, rubber, tires or even lumber.
- All fires must be constantly attended until the fire is extinguished.
- You must have a water hose or another way to put the fire out readily available.
- If smoke is getting into another home or building you will have to extinguish your fire.
- You cannot burn if the wind is less than 6 miles per hour or greater than 23 mph.
- You cannot burn within 50 feet of a structure (houses, storage buildings, carports and even a wood fence is considered a structure).
- The earliest you can start burning is 1 hour after daylight and your fire must be completely out at least one hour before dark.
- NEVER burn outdoors during a BURN BAN.
- Land clearing operations require a permit.
Texas: Current Outdoor Burn Bans by County