Why is a fire truck sent when I call for an ambulance
Fire Engines are dispatched in addition to an ambulance on critical EMS calls in the city to increase the manpower available at the scene and to minimize the response time to an emergency. Fire engines are also dispatched to motor vehicle accidents to assist with possible extrication and mitigate fuel/oil spills from vehicles involved in the accidents. Rescue is dispatched to Motor Vehicle Collisions requiring extrication.
How can I get a copy of a Fire Report?
Fire reports may be obtained from the Fire Administration Building at 111 S. Third St, Lufkin, Tx 75901 (936-633-0376) Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
How can I get a copy of an EMS patient report?
Medical reports for services provided by a Fire Department ambulance are available at the EMS Billing in City Hall 936-633-0222 Monday thru Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM. Only the actual patient, their legal representative or authorized relative, with proper ID, may obtain these records.
How do I request a tour of a fire station?
To request a tour of a fire station or to schedule a fire engine and/or ambulance to visit your site, call 936-633-0372 or 936-633-0371 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM or email us.
If I have a complaint concerning Emergency 9-1-1 service, who do I call?
To make a complaint concerning 9-1-1 service contact the Lufkin Police Department at 936-633-0360.
How do I report a complaint about a fire hazard?
Call the Fire Marshal's Office at 936-633-0307 or the Non Emergency Dispatch number at 936-633-0356.
Can I get a fire engine to visit my child's school?
To request a tour of a fire station or to schedule a fire engine to visit your site, call 936-633-0372 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM or email us.
How can I find out about Fire Safety programs available in Lufkin?
Call the Division of Life Safety (Fire Marshal) at 936-633-0307
What is the best kind of fire extinguisher for my house?
A multi-purpose fire extinguisher is best for the home. Look for the rating to be at least 2A:10B:C on the label. This extinguisher can be used on any type of fire commonly found in the home. It will often be labeled A-B-C.
How can I contact the Public Information Officer?
Media requests and information regarding major fire/emergency medical service incidents may be obtained from the Public Information Officer at 936-633-0307.
Fire Inspections?
All commercial occupancies within the city are subject to inspection by the Lufkin Fire Department. Inspections are initiated in a variety of ways: by request, citizen complaint, application for certain licenses/permits, and by routine inspection activity. To request an inspection or register a complaint regarding a fire hazard, call 936-633-0307.
Can I get my blood pressure checked at the fire station?
Yes. Stop by at any fire station day or night and we will be glad to check vital signs including blood pressure.
How can I relay a compliment or report a complaint concerning Fire Department Service?
For compliments or complaints concerning the Fire Department or Emergency Medical Services, contact Fire Administration, 936-633-0376, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Complaints shall be in writing and signed by complainant per Texas Government Code Sec. 614.022. Complaint form is located in Fire Administration lobby and available HERE. Completed form shall be faxed to 936-633-0368, or mailed to 111 South Third Street Lufkin Texas 75901 C/O Fire Chief.
How do I become a Lufkin Firefighter?
Contact Human Resources at 936-633-0228, or visit our Employment Page.
Who do I contact about EMS Billing or Insurance Claim filing?
Assistance with Billing & Claim filing is available in the Finance Department/EMS Billing Office.  City Hall, 300 E. Shepherd Ave., Room 113, Lufkin, Texas 75901 (936-633-0222) Monday thru Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM. Or you may submit an email with your questions.
How do I arrange for a CPR Class?
CPR Classes are now handled through the American Red Cross. They may be contacted at 936-634-6013.