The City of Lufkin issues  permits from two different offices - the City Secretary's Office and the Engineering Services Department. 

All Contractors must register in person, Electrical, Plumbing, Sign & HVAC Contractors the master license holder must register with a copy of their master & Electrical Contractors license.

Please call our permit office at 936-633-0298 with any questions.

City Secretary issued permits
City secretary permits

Permits issued by the City Secretary's Office include: 
  • TABC (alcoholic beverage) Permits
  • Vendor/Solicitor Permits 
  • Taxicab Permits
To apply for one of these permits, you must come to City Hall (300 E. Shepherd Ave.) and contact the city secretary at 936-633-0243.

Engineering Services Department issued permits 
Building construction
Permits issued by the Engineering Services Department  include: 
  • Building
  • Demolition
  • Plumbing
  • Electrical
  • HVAC
  • Fencing
  • Driveway
You may apply for an Engineering Services Department permit online by clicking here.
The fee schedule for Engineering Services Department permits is available here.

For questions or more information, contact the Engineering Services Division at 936-633-0215.